This is your one-page guide to your new Xiaomi Mijia Mi Sphere OR Madventure camera. Download the full guide at the bottom of this article to Individual instance of a shot; a take = each time the camera is started and stopped. with you on your first shoot, or gift it alongside any YI 360 VR cameras your friends, family or co-workers will be unwrapping this holiday season.
Why this camera rocks:
This camera is a user-favorite, for its price, quality and constantly updating firmware.
What comes in the box:
Camera, USB cable, tripod and pouch
What doesn’t come in the box:
- Micro SD card, U3 or faster
- Waterproof case
- The camera has an Android and an iOS app, but full The number of pixels in an image, typically presented as a ratio of the total pixels on x axis to the total pixels on th... More is limited to smartphones with powerful enough processors. Check your phone on this table.
- The camera has auto, manual, shutter and ISO priority modes.
- It also supports up to 32-second exposures for motion blur photos.
- The Mi Sphere has a DNG raw mode, but can also capture both raw and jpeg files at the same time.
- There’s also a bracketing mode (3, either .5 or 1 EV apart) for HDR photography. This is available above the shutter on the shooting screen.
- The camera can record for up to 90 minute of HD video on one charge before overheating in most conditions. It can also be used while connected to a USB power source.
- For best video quality, use the high-bitrate video mode, available in settings under video The number of pixels in an image, typically presented as a ratio of the total pixels on x axis to the total pixels on th... More.
- Although the camera’s 6-axis electronic A process to reduce shakiness caused by an unstable camera. is good, for even better stabilization, consider using a gimbal.
- To use the electronic stabilization properly, turn the camera on, holding it in a vertical position, and wait for the gyro to warm. The camera has to be upright when you start recording for the camera to know which way is up.
- The camera has an IP67 water resistance and dust-proof rating, but it isn’t actually waterproof, more like splash-proof.
- The camera’s companion app offers social sharing, like other cameras’ apps, but also trimming and combining clips and adding background music.
Depends on where you bought it. It’s best to work through the distributor you purchased it from to find the best way to resolve any issues.
Enter your email address below to get the printable one-page PDF:
Download the file
Consider supporting Immersive Shooter by buying accessories through our affiliate links
Need more help? Join Immersive Shooter’s free 360 Video Beginner’s course.