Live Planet, Inc. has unveiled its new Virtual Reality (VR) Studio Platform. Live Planet VR Studio not only represents a full update to the company’s VR publishing cloud, but it also opens up use of the platform to content creators using a number of VR cameras, including the Insta360, Samsung Gear 360, Kandao Obsidian and more.
Live Planet VR Studio can be used to store, manage, edit and publish 360 video content to all major VR headsets, video platforms and social media sites with the click of a button. A full list of supported cameras is available online here.
This expansion of Live Planet’s cloud platform into the VR Studio contains several major updates, including the ability to:
- Publish VR videos to Google Daydream, Oculus Go, Samsung Gear VR, YouTube, and more.
- Provide viewers with a 360° player supporting both live streams and recorded videos from any device.
- Generate profile pages for easy management and sharing of videos.
- Create playlists for a curated viewer experience.
- Streamline content publishing with the new Auto Thumbnail feature.
- Broadcast stereo VR live streams with the Live Planet VR Camera (reviewed by Immersive Shooter here).
Additionally, Live Planet is discounting the price of the Live Planet VR Camera for a limited time from $7,995 to $3,495.
Owners of other supported cameras can get started with Live Planet VR Studio can get started for free here.