This is your one-page guide to your new Insta360 ONE. Download the full guide at the bottom of this article to Individual instance of a shot; a take = each time the camera is started and stopped. with you on your first shoot, or gift it alongside any YI 360 VR cameras your friends, family or co-workers will be unwrapping this holiday season.
Why this camera rocks:
It’s easy to use and comes with fun features like bullet time and free capture
What comes in the box:
Camera, case/stand, bullet time string, lens cloth, charging cable, 8GB micro SD card
What doesn’t come in the box:
- Insta360’s ‘invisible’ selfie stick
- Insta360’s IP68 waterproof housing
- Drone, helmet and suction cup mounts
- Lightning dock extender
- What Insta360 gets right with all their cameras is ease of use. Just plug in the camera and you’ll download and/or launch the app automatically.
- Although it comes with an 8GB micro SD card, you may want a bigger card if you’re an active user.
- The included case/stand is not a handle when the camera is attached to your phone. Don’t use it that way, or prepare to see your phone and camera Individual instance of a shot; a take = each time the camera is started and stopped. a tumble.
- The camera has a 70-minute battery life when continuously recording video.
- You can record in jpeg or RAW for photos and mp4 or LOG for video, giving you greater control when post processing using RAW and LOG.
- You can also record in Insta360’s own file formats, insp for photos and insv for videos. Simply change the file extension .insv to .mp4 for a regular old mp4 file.
- There is no preview option when connected to the camera remotely, neither live review or preview for video. Use a lightning dock extender to preview and review footage from the camera without removing it from the tripod.
- The camera features internal 6-axis stabilization, but for the best stability, use alongside a gimbal.
- For best bullet time results, use a fishing line style string rather than a woven one to reduce camera rotation while you swing it. Insta360 recommends one revolution overhead per second.
- Regardless of camera orientation, the Insta360 always knows where the The bottom of the sphere. is and orients the horizon correctly. However, image quality degrades closer to the stitch line.
- You may want to rubber band the camera to your phone when live streaming or transferring footage as it can disconnect rather easily.
- For best stitching results, use Insta360 Studio desktop software or third-party stitching software, like Kolor Autopano Video Pro or Mistika VR.
- Although Insta360 makes a waterproof housing for the camera, it does not recommend shooting underwater, as the camera will not stitch the footage appropriately.
- The Insta360 ONE app comes with fun social animation and live streaming features Instsa360 Air and Nano users are already used to.
Visit Insta360 ONE’s user group on Facebook for tips, tricks and troubleshooting.
Enter your email address below to get the printable one-page PDF:
Download the file
Consider supporting Immersive Shooter by buying accessories through our affiliate links
Need more help? Join Immersive Shooter’s free 360 Video Beginner’s course.