This is your one-page guide to your new Insta360 Nano. Download the full guide at the bottom of this article to Individual instance of a shot; a take = each time the camera is started and stopped. with you on your first shoot, or gift it alongside any YI 360 VR cameras your friends, family or co-workers will be unwrapping this holiday season.
Why this camera rocks:
Because it plugs directly into your iPhone, it’s super easy to set up, shoot and share.
What comes in the box:
Camera, micro USB cable, travel case and cardboard VR headset
What DOESN’T come in the box:
- A tripod adapter for your smartphone
- Micro SD card (up to 64GB)
- The beauty about Insta360 phone cameras is that plugging in the camera makes your phone download or launch the app. Such an easy A camera position for a given scene. You might shoot more than one shot from a single set-up (wide shot and close-up)..
- You probably won’t be able to use the Nano on your iPhone if your phone has a case on it.
- Keep the Nano in its cloth protective case inside an eyeglasses case for extra protection.
- The first thing you need to do is buy a micro SD card, because the camera’s memory fills up fast. This will also allow you to use the Nano without connecting it to your smartphone.
- To go beyond handheld shots, buy a phone-to-tripod mount like the Square Jellyfish Jelly Grip tripod mount. Insta360 recommends the XSories Me-Shot Deluxe 2.0 telescoping selfie stick camera pole with smartphone adaptor.
- The built-in battery isn’t removable.
- You’ll need to use your phone upside down to use the camera’s app.
- Footage from the Nano can now be stabilized in the app in real time.
- The Nano has the ability to easily live streaming to Facebook Live, YouTube and Persicope in 360.
- A negative is the app’s slow shutter speed. After you press the button, you need to wait several seconds before it actually takes the photo. Not waiting for the vibrating confirmation leads to many blurry images.
- A hidden feature of the app is the “animation” function that allows you to convert a photo or video into an animation the panos or converts the scene into a little planet or a combination. These are great to share on social platforms and stand out from traditional images.
- There are also stickers and multiple live streaming options, including fully autonomous 360 where the audience navigates on their own, forced perspective where you show them exactly what you want them to see, and little planet.
- Download the Insta360 Studio 360 video/photo editing software to edit your video on your computer, but do not install the Insta360 Player, unless you want it to become your default video player. I recommend GoPro VR Player.
Insta360 has a very robust and active user group on Facebook, Insta360 Community.
Enter your email address below to get the printable one-page PDF:
Download the file
Consider supporting Immersive Shooter by buying accessories through our affiliate links
Need more help? Join Immersive Shooter’s free 360 Video Beginner’s course.